For several years, Tony Minieri has traveled and taught his Back to Basics The Right Way / Bad Habits Broken Here (Level One) class. Tony's 4-day class material is now presented in DVD format; the Level One series is divided into three parts. Each DVD shows us the Right Way for improving our Needlepoint Techniques. Watching these DVDs will also prepare a student who plans to attend his new upcoming Level Two classes.
Back to Basics • Level 1 Part 1 is the ninth DVD in the "How'd You Do That?" instructional needlepoint DVD series. This DVD is 53 minutes long and has 36 chapter markers. Watch this DVD like a movie, or search and pause to review these techniques. Tony Minieri is the featured artist, and Amy Bunger is the guest stitcher.
- Essential Tools: Tapestry Needles, Chenille Needles, Crewel/Embroidery Needles, The Needle Index
- Threading the Needle: Threading the Needle x 2, Quilter's Knot
- Beginning and Ending Threads: In the Path Waste Knot, Pinhead Stitch, An Away Waste Knot, "L" Stitch
- Straight Gobelin Stitches: Brick Stitch, Parisian Stitch, Hungarian Stitch, Double Hungarian Stitch, Sutherland Stitch, Laying Tools, Woven Ribbons, Victorian Step Stitch, Two-Way Victorian Step Stitch
- Diagonal Stitches: Scotch Stitch, Mosaic Stitch, Tent Stitches, Half-Cross Stitch, Continental Stitch, Basketweave, Scissors, 4-Way Continental, Alicia's Lace
- Tony's Tenets